You did it! It’s been 30 days! Pop open the champagne and let’s celebrate! Let’s look at all you have accomplished over the past 29 days. Here’s a quick rundown:
- 1Welcome and Why Do We Make “resolutions”
- 2The Importance Of Setting Goals
- 3What’s the Difference Between Goals And “resolutions”?
- 4Why “resolutions” Often Don’t Work
- 5Combining “resolutions” With Good Goals Is the Key to Long-Term Success
- 63 Simple Tips to Make “resolutions” Stick
- 7Are You Setting SMART Goals?
- 8How Habits and Routines Can Help You Stick to Your “resolutions”
- 9Don’t Go It Alone — The Value Of A Support System
- 10Motivation Is Key- Keeping Your “Why” Front and Center
- 11The Value Of Measuring Your Progress Along The Way
- 12A Journal Can Be A Powerful Tool for Goals and “resolutions”
- 13Success Tip: Don’t Try To Change Too Much At Once
- 14Kick Overwhelm To The Curb By Breaking It Down Into Baby Steps
- 15Break It Down: From Resolution To Daily Tasks
- 16Stay Motivated By Looking At How Far You’ve Come
- 17Celebrate Milestones, Successes & Accomplishments
- 18The Power Of Cheerleaders, Coaches, and Cohorts
- 19Get Back On That Horse When You Fall Off The Wagon
- 20Visualization Exercises Can Help You Reach Those Lofty Goals
- 21“Resolutions” Change Over Time and That’s Ok
- 22Go From Resolution To Lifestyle Change
- 23Success Tip: Keep A Habit Tracker
- 24The Importance Of Your “Why”
- 255 Tips For Dealing With Critics
- 26There’s Nothing Wrong With Bribing Yourself To Success
- 27A Mentor Or Coach Can Be Helpful In Reaching Your Goals Faster
- 28Watch Out For These Resolution Pitfalls
- 29Keep Setting New Goals & “resolutions” And Keep Growing
- 30Warp Up And Where To Go From Here
I can't believe how far you’ve come.
No, I’m correcting that….
I KNEW YOU WOULD COME THIS FAR!
I'm ecstatic to have had this time with you. Thank you so much for joining me! You've learned the difference between a “resolution” and a goal. You also discovered how to best set these for yourself, what components strong intentions should have and how to avoid common pitfalls. You’ve also learned how common it is for “resolutions” to slip away and go unfulfilled. I've enjoyed sharing with you some tricks and strategies for overcoming the obstacles that are bound to happen when pursuing an objective. Challenges and setbacks are inevitable. It's how you handle them that matters.
I touched upon the people in your life and the role they play in your success. It's important to have cheerleaders and a support system as you're pursuing a goal. Yes Venus Warriors! These women will motivate you when you don't think you can keep going. Having an accountability partner or system in place is wise. Knowing you have to answer to someone if you fall off the wagon can help you increase your focus. Don't forget: we are all human. Asking for help and enlisting the know-how of experts is part of the process. It can make your journey a lot less rocky.
Finally, remember that it's important to be flexible. Keep track of your progress and know that sometimes a goal may need to be reassessed, tweaked or thrown away completely. Also, know that there is a whole world of possibilities out there when you reach this one goal or complete your “resolution”. Enjoy exploring your next step. Embrace the challenge. What has had the biggest impact on you? What tips and ideas have you found the most helpful? Those are the posts that you want to come back to again and again.
Take a few minutes today to reflect on not only how far you’ve come, but more importantly how this simple 30-day challenge has influenced you and changed you for the better. What positive experiences have you had as a result of our time together?